Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tigger and Eeyore

One fine night with some wonderful lady friends and a few glasses of wine, I announced that I totally believe that you are either a Tigger or an Eeyore.

My friends laughed.

I am serious and I am a Tigger.

Several people have asked Franklin and me what we did after the "button" was arrested.  We did what anyone would do if they had a thumb tac up their behind.  We sat around for two days and complained and wallowed in self pity. 

Then we got up and realized that the tac in our ass was never going to leave if we didn't start bouncing around.  We went back to being Tiggers.

The funny thing about Tiggers, they don't give up.  We were bound and determined to find a solution for the "button" that didn't cost several honey pots. 

I pounced into offices.  I called people.  I was relentless.  If you can get a child to an eye doctor, you can find a solution for your troubled child. 

Here are a few things I found out, if you  have a diploma and a driver's license and are 18, it will be tough.  If you have ever been found guilty of "harmful to animals" or "arson", give up and go back to square one.  

There are ways to get your children help, but  YOU need to go looking.

I am sure that when I burst into the one lady's office, she didn't appreciate my Tigger attitude.  In fact, I think I saw her mouth something that started with the letter "B" and I don't think it was "silly old bear".  Anyway, I got what I needed and I bounced out of there.

Today, I went to Summer Camp.  I was accompanied by a delightful young lady, "H".  She is a Tigger.  And yes, many people gave both us Tigger's grief, her for going to camp and me for allowing it.  Screw the Eeyores.  She learned and she grew.  I did too and we bounced all the way home happy for what we had learned and more importantly she bounced because she knew in her heart she showed someone she was a True Friend.

During our summer camp session, we learned that others had written to the "button" and told him that when he gets out, they have a joint waiting for him.

I can assure you that this Tigger will find out who those people are, break their hands and bounce all the way home, singing. "FUN, FUN,FUN, FUN".

I have always been amazed by Eeyores.  If Eeyore would quit complaining and ask someone to pull the tac out, he wouldn't be so miserable.  Bottom line, get off your butt and make it happen.  And, if they don't hear you the first time,say it again, LOUDER until you can action.

Together, Franklin and I have danced all through Pooh Forest, and I mean that literally to help find some happy ending. 


The story isn't ending, it is just beginning.

2 comments:

  1. Love this - favorite line -- "Screw the Eeyores!!". From one Tigger to another -- hewhewhewhewwww....TTFN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, you'll appreciate this. Today my pastor talked about Eeyores..."Eeyores are always looking for poo(h)"!!!
    Isn't there enough shit (poo) out there? Why are we looking for it?
    I'm with you...Eeyore is depressing, wallowing in self pity. I much prefer Tiggers!
    The teenage years can break you as a parent. We've encountered some "bumps" (haha) with our sweet little brood, so I have enjoyed your sense of humor (as always) and perspective as you journey through. God bless us all!

    Laurie Scott Masciantonio

    ReplyDelete