Monday, August 15, 2011

My name is...and I am a choc-a-holic

The "button" told us that he has earned his 30 day sobriety chip.

I wondered, could I go 30 days without my drug of choice, chocolate?  Could you go thirty days without something and what would it be?


  Rich, creamy, sugary, smooth chocolate.  Chocolate covered raisins, almonds, chocolate anything.  I am in love with chocolate.

Eating too much chocolate typically does not result in felonies but it can add to your waistline.  I am addicted nonetheless.

I eat chocolate everyday.  I have had perfect attendance with chocolate since my teens.  Hell, I will even eat a piece of chocolate that I find in my sofa cushions.  Not proud of it, just being honest.

My mom started a diet every Monday of her adult life.  By Monday at 11 am she would be eating a hot fudge sundae.  "Mom, thought you were on a diet?"  "I am, I didn't put as much ice cream in the bowl."  See, it is genetic. 

So, effective today, I am going for my chip too.  Thirty days without chocolate.  I hope my chip will be covered in gold and when you peel the gold wrapper away, there will be chocolate.

At our Walgreens, there is a little old lady who works at the register.  She looks like Mrs. Claus.  When you check out she asks "would you like to help me meet my goal and buy two Peppermint Pattys to help our troops?  Are you kidding me, who says no to Mrs. Claus, the troops or Peppermint Pattys, my ALL time favorite chocolate?  Seriously, what a scam.  I fall for it EVERY TIME an promise that I won't eat the chocolate but as the day wears on and it starts to melt in my car (about fifteen minutes) I eat the chocolate candy.

So, as of today, August 15, I will not eat chocolate for 30 days.  No baking chocolate either.  I love to lick the beaters, love it.  I don't care if there are raw eggs in there.  Raw eggs worked for Rocky.

I am not going to Walgreens for 30 days either.

I am fighting my demons head on.  If the "button" can do it, so can I.

After all, my name is Stephanie and I am a choc-a-holic.

No comments:

Post a Comment