Monday, May 13, 2019

Forget Me Nots.

Lately, as I continue to ponder my time on this earth, I am astounded by the messages from God and how people come into our lives for various reasons.






A few weeks ago, I ran into a friend at the DG. (Dollar General)  I buy all of my seeds from the Dollar General.  I have good luck and why fix something if it isn't broken, right?


Anyway, my girlfriend notices what is in my hand and she asks, "Do you really plants those seeds?"


"Yes, why are you surprised?"


"Cause do Forget-me-Knots even exist?  Who plants those?  You spend too much time planting flowers.  You are such an old soul."


I looked at her and said, "You are crazy"


When I got in my car, I was still hung up by her comment and I started thinking...I don't see Forget-Me-Nots anymore.  Was I buying seeds that were 50 years old or why don't people plant Forget-Me-Nots?


I went on a full on rant in my head lobbying for Forget Me Nots.
I planted them in my starter cups and basically forgot about the Forget Me Not conversation.  Ironic.


Today, I had a missed call.  A client. 


I call her back and she asks in a mysterious voice, "Are you in the area, can you come over here?"


I am a sucker for a mysterious voice so off I went.


I had no idea why I was called to her office but I was going.


I get there and she pulls out this file.  A plain manila file.  I could see some paperclips and she says, "Here, look at these.  My mother-in-law did these."


On the first page of the file, there was a handwritten note on the aging, yellow tablet paper.


Basically, it said, "Flowers and their scents and beauty prepare you for Heaven."











And there they were.  Water colored drawings of the flowers from the Bible and the meaning of each.  Several pages of lovely art.  Lovely.  Simple.








We decided each one needs to be framed with the stories behind the...and displayed in a fabulous location.  Maybe a Hospice House or a lovely Church.


I left and got back in the car and had a peace in my heart.


I came back to my house and on the way to the door...I looked to my right, and there they were still blooming, Forget-Me-Nots.


A few weeks ago, I was working from home and my phone rang, it was my girlfriend.


The conversation went like this..."Are you home, cause I am outside your door and I need you."  She had a very sad, nervous tone to her voice.


I run down the stairs, open the door and she is standing there and she says,


"I am on the way to have the headstone service at my dad's grave and I am running late and I don't have any flowers to put on it.  Do you have anything?"


Ok, are you kidding me?  I would have handmade some flowers if I needed at that minute.


God Bless her.


I looked down and said, "I have these."


She asked, "What are they?"


"Forget-Me-Nots".


She says, "I have chills, I will take them please."


I went and got the scissors and a vase and as I handed them to her she looked at me and said,


 "Isn't funny how God puts people in their lives when they need it the most.  Hmm, perfect Forget-Me-Nots."







1 comment: