Thursday, May 31, 2012

Today's horoscope

I follow my horoscope.  Daily.  Faithfully.  Judge if you want, you would be amazed.

So, here are today's horoscopes in my house.

Aries(me)  Take a risk with the unknown today and don't let your fears keep you from missing out on a potentially wonderful experience.

Taurus ("button")  Take off to the stars today, Taurus, and keep your mind and your heart open to all the possibilities that ca come when you have faith in yourself and the work you do.  Mastery of a skill comes when you have the guts to always take it to the next level.  Consider different areas of your life that require more of that confidence at this time. Implement this courageous attitude.

Leo (Franklin)  This is a good day for you to get out of the dirt and into the air in order to gain, a fresh, new perspective on a situation, Leo.  Don't dwell on things beneath  or behind you.  Keep looking up.  Pick up the phone and call a  close friend you haven't spoken with in a while.  There may be a great deal of catching up to do.  Sometimes we forget the importance of maintaining contact with old buddies.

Wow. Insignificant to most, but not to me, Franklin, or the "button."

Late Tuesday evening, Franklin went to summer camp and brought the "button" home.

This morning, with only 24 pairs of underwear in the "button's"  backpack, Franklin and the "button" left on a big adventure.  The "button" will be attending a therapeutic wilderness program for awhile.

Where?  Let's just say it is time zones with an "S "away and I don't think that the "button" will ride a bike home from this place.  Boarding passes were involved.

Franklin will attend a twelve hour session after the "button" departs for his walk in the wilderness. 

Upon completion, Franklin will have to go back, spend days in the wilderness with him and then bring him on back.  One step at a time for now.

Why did we decided to send him?  Easy.  He is our kid.  He needs help.  We are just parents and we are not trained professionals.  If he needed glasses, we would take him to the eye doctor.  Summer camp is not a place to get well.  It is a place to think about what you need help with and and after 192 days in summer camp in less than one year, there has been plenty of time to think.

Am I optimistic?  If there is HOPE, I always chose Hope.  Always.
Am I scared?  What parent isn't?  But a friend of mine always says,"high expectations, high returns."
And I am excited for both my two favorite guys?  Yes.  The trip to the airport, without glass between the two of them, literally, was a good experience.

On Tuesday evening, the boys were in the kitchen and didn't know I was in the laundry room.  Walker, despite his joy, said to the "button,"  "You will be gone for over BLANK days."

The button replied, "I know." 

Walker then said, "I will wait and have my birthday party when you get back.  We can have ours together and I will tell mom to you get you a gun like mine.  But, you have to quit disappointing me.  You promise and then screw me over.  I love you but stop doing that to me.  If you come back I will even talk mom into taking us to Kabuto's." 

My boys and Kabuto's.  They love that place, I hate it. They love to go there for their birthday's.  I was so happy that I thought I avoided it this year.   The only time I puked when I was pregnant with Walker was there, ugh.

And, it is because of two other people in this home (Walker and Addie)  that Franklin and I handled it the way we have...he is still just a kid who needs to grow up and get the kinks out and he is loved.  We know that as a family, we are better with the "button" in our family than not and there are two people who are counting on us to guide the "button". 

This is my 100th post. 
Thank you for your support and encouragement.  Let's HOPE it doesn't go to 200.  Thank you.


And so, off to the wilderness they go. 

And at night when the "button" is sleeping under the stars, the stars said, "keep you mind open to all the possibilities that come when you have faith in yourself and the work you do."

No comments:

Post a Comment