Thursday, January 5, 2012

You will never guess how big our New Year Baby was

After a lengthy conversation with God, a marathon conversation with my gut and an equally long conversation with my husband, we went a brought the "button" home from summer camp.

If Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, eighty days in summer camp after forty-five days in rehab along with the initial thirty-five days in summer camp doesn't change a person, nothing will.

So, the Grisswalds traveled to Beaufort once again for the day.

Apparently, the "button" was asleep when we arrived.  The guard wakes him up and says "Button, pack your stuff."  He replies, "awww are you moving me again?"

"yep, home."

The "button" started to shake.

Nothing says Happy New Year like freedom.  Pork and sauerkraut won't even light a candle to freedom.

When they opened the door and he was standing there, you could see his smile from space.  Truly, his smile was that big.

He hung on me like a baby chimp hanging on a mother chimp during a thunderstorm.  I melted.

Truly, I am at peace with all of this, FINALLY.

I have done my best and have done all I can do.

When I was 90 weeks pregnant with one of the kids, I complained to my doctor about how I wanted "it" out.  He responded, "be careful what you wish for, inside you know where it is and when it comes out is when all the work begins."  Wow, there was some foreshadowing.

So, the "button" is home...has made a pad in the loft. 

What did he notice?  Smells.

He should work for Glade or Freebreeze.

What did I notice?  A young boy turning into a man. 

He is off to register for community college as I write.

A Principal once told me that when you see a mother duck in a pond, she always has ducks following her in a straight line.  Then there is the one.  The one who swims out of line, all over the place, not paying attention to his mother, looking at something else, then puts his head underneath the water and eventually gets to land. 

Doesn't matter how you get there, just matters that you get there.

And that the mother duck doesn't drown you before you get there.

I have peace in my heart as the new year begins.

Happy New Year!  I hope we all get to where we need to be going.

1 comment:

  1. Tears.... so happy that one of the first things he is doing is registering for Community College. Can't wait to hear what he thinks of his first class!

    ReplyDelete