Tuesday, November 8, 2011

We are just an embryo....I have a project.

Last night was one of the most exciting nights of my life, and I didn't even have a new outfit for the evening.

I had a meeting at my home.  I had no idea if anyone was coming. 

Put they did.  Moms came and a very handsome lone ranger.

We were parents of "troubled" teens. 

We were emotional.  We had a lot to say.  We have a lot of feelings.

And we have a goal.  We want to end the madness, the drinking, the drugging, the doping, the dipping and the dumb ass decisions.

Now, the project?  How we get there. 

Nothing like a bunch of women, pissed off women, on a mission, getting things done.

If a bunch of ladies can march to Washington, DC and get the drinking age changed in the USA, surely we can get things done in one little county. 

For the first time in weeks, I am excited.

Franklin and I have believed that there was a reason that this hell showed up at our door.  We were chosen to make a difference.

This is about the Walkers and the Addies.  They too will grow up soon and be faced with difficult decisions.  Information is power. 

I am so excited.  Excited about the ladies I met and what they have to contribute. 

I am excited about what we can do together.  I am excited about the differences we can make and the families we will never know we saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment